- keep lights off or dimmed.
- keep up fluids, especially water.
- eat! even if it's only something light and only once or twice a day.
- rest. relax. sleep. these are important ways to keep pain levels down.
- see your doctor. (obviously!) but be patient if treatment doesn't result in pain going away immediately.
- take pain medication and preventative medication as direction. messing with these can cause then to stop working or even cause rebound pain.
- keep yourself informed. migraine is a little understood disease, but there's more research and understanding each and every day. both from the medical profession and the shared experience of other sufferers. learn what you can, being informed WILL help you get the best treatment.
Coping with Dependence
1 day ago